CREATE A RULE: Choose one genre/category of books that you frequently talk about in tags and don’t use ANY books from that genre for answers. I plan to use books that I have talked about before, and not use them in this tag.
1. A book that is an exception when it comes to genres or elements in books that you don’t typically like.
Every Little Bad Idea – I usually don’t like reading books in verse, it’s just a good fit. I picked up this book and thought this was going to be an easy, boring read, but it wasn’t it was really good!
2. A book you enjoyed from a genre you previously held some stigma about.
I don’t remember putting Dark Matter in any of my tags, so I’ll put it here. I typically don’t like science fiction, and my sister had just finished reading this and she loved it, and so I gave it a try, and I basically read it in two sittings because it was so compelling and so good!
3. A book you didn’t know was actually out of your comfort zone until you started reading it.
What Ever Happened to Interracial Love? I didn’t really like this story, it’s told in different short stories, and I feel as though the stories were supposed to connect somehow, and then they didn’t, so to me, it felt random, and it didn’t really have a point to them.
4. Pick a friend or BookTuber that motivates you to pick up books you might not normally be interested in. What is one book out of your norm that they convinced you to give a try?
One of my friends had referred me to read Lord of the Rings. I started it a long time ago, and never got into it, but the book still has caught my attention to read, so maybe I’ll pick it up sometime in the future.
5. A book that is out of your comfort zone that you would like to read.
The Nightingale, I love learning about history and different aspects of it, but for some reason, I can’t get into historical fiction novels as much as I would like to.
6. A book or genre so out of what you normally read that you’ll probably never give it a(nother) chance.
I’d have to say either short stories or playwrights, but I might read more playwrights in the future, but more so the whole short story concepts, which means a collection of short stories combined into one.