1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2018.
It’s tied between Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi or Night Film by Marisha Pessl
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2018.
I haven’t read many sequels this year, only first books or contemporary novels but the sequels that I have read that I’ve enjoyed are Unravel Me and Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
Smoke in the Sun by Renée Ahdieh
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare. After I read the second book in the trilogy, I thought the next book came out in like March, so I was like, oh okay only a couple months…no. It was an entire year.
5. Biggest disappointment.
Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky…We don’t really need to get into that
6. Biggest surprise.
My biggest surprise was Night Film by Marisha Pessl. I was hesitant on reading it because I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it, and I actually enjoyed it a lot
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
Renée Ahdieh or Tahereh Mafi; They’re so amazing
8. Newest fictional crush.
If I had to choose, it’d be Warner from the Shatter Me series
9. Newest favourite character.
I honestly have no idea. It might be Jesper or Inej but I have to read Crooked Kingdom for that to be a confirmation
10. Book that made you cry.
Books usually never make me cry. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart made me tear up but not fully cry
11. Book that made you happy.
Night Film by Marisha Pessl…I was totally invested in this book
12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)
From what I can think of is Scarlet by Marissa Meyer…I forget what I buy
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
OH MY. There are so many books I still need to read. I plan to catch up in the ACOTAR series, start the Arc of a Scythe series, continue on with the Lunar Chronicles and whatever other book comes my way that I want to read.